Digital Elevation Model Features
|A Digital Elevation Model (DEM) is a continuous 3D representation of a terrain surface area that has been geometrically corrected, so it can be used to measure distances and heights. Two main kinds of DEM can be generated:
Main features of CATUAV DEM are:
- Resolution from 10 cm/pixel to 2 m/pixel.
- Areas of up to 1000 hectares per flight.
- One week delivery: the time from UAV takeoff to DEM delivery is less than a week.
- Delivered in any desired industry standard format.
- Manual Control Points can be added to allow comparisons with any previous work.
Digital Elevation Model Applications
|Obtaining in the same flight an orthophoto plus a DEM, provides a high quality and low cost product than can be used to support any topography and cartography work. With further processing, dense Point Cloud and DSM can also be obtained, which leads to applications in multiple fields: